Eating my words.

I was a massive fan of Kanye's first album and certain tracks still make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, which is a rare thing for a hip hop record.

The concept for his new joint 808s & Heartbreak seemed a little bitty shite to me. I mean the most creative dude out there in the industry jumping on some vocoder bandwagon, I'll confess I was slating it before I even heard Love Lockdown.

With all that said I am eating my words and am all over the new single Heartless. Hear it HERE.

Comments

Raoul Duke said…
I have to say I agree, I didn't think the concept of vocoders and 808's on every track was a particularly great idea - before I heard the album. There are some bits where their use feels excessive, but there are still some great tracks on there, even if the album is a bit darker than previous ones.

You should check out 'Love Locked Down' as well:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nEkFU0XHSk4

There's little that can be called rap on this album, but he knows what he's doing, and supposedly said he'll have another one out by June.

Popular posts from this blog

Hottie of the Week - Michelle Keegan

Hottie of the Week - Yvonne Strahovski