These are the Top 10 albums of 2009 that I have felt shaped my year for better or worse. Each one individually means something to me and/or reminds me of times, places and people.
Remember in no order:
* Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster
* Morrissey - Years of Refusal
* AFI - Crash Love
* Tegan and Sara - Sainthood
* Paramore - Brand New Eyes
* La Roux - La Roux
* Weezer - Radittude
* Coldplay - LeftRightLeftRightLeft
* The Cribs - Ignore The Ignorant
* Wolf Am I - Lead The Way
* A Loss For Words - The Kids Can't Lose
* Copeland - The Grey Man EP
* Taking Back Sunday - New Again
* Twin Atlantic - Vivarium
* New Found Glory - Not Without A Fight
I could go into various reasons as to why each release made the list and which ones had the most impact on me musically and emotionally, cover art etc. But I feel a simple list will help to make its own derivatives.
I look forward to more good music in 2010.