Holidays

Well the Christmas holidays are upon us and while people get stranded and shops run out of bread and close... Fat Buddha remains un-affected. So un-affected in fact we are opening extra long during Christmas and New Years. So you all know when to come and see us here are the opening times for the holiday period: -
  • Sunday 19th : 10am - 6pm
  • Monday 20th : 9am - 7pm
  • Tuesday 21st : 9am - 7pm
  • Wednesday 22nd : 9am - 7pm
  • Thursday 23rd : 9am - 8pm
  • Friday 24th : 9am - 6pm
  • Saturday 25th (Christmas day) : Closed
  • Sunday 26th : 10am - 6pm
  • Monday 27th : 9am - 6pm
  • Tuesday 28th : 9am - 6pm
  • Wednesday 29th : 9am - 6pm
  • Thursday 30th : 9am - 7pm
  • Friday 31st : 9am - 6pm
  • Saturday 1st of Jan : Closed
  • Sunday 2nd of Jan : 10am - 6pm
Then back to normal hours of business from Monday 3rd of Jan onwards.

Talking about holidays I just returned from a wonderful trip to London!



Done loads of things I had never tried, like the London Eye, which I thought was pretty cool. We then had a little trip to Madame Tussauds. We were in a bit of a rush as we had booked tickets to see Tron: Legacy... Yes, I was peeing my pants and could not wait to get home!... but I didn't really like it. It was kind of like looking at monuments, only in Madame Tussauds people are falling over themselves and fighting to have photos taken with the models. However, I did find some to be VERY lifelike. The best in my opinion were Nicole Kidman and Helen Mirren.



I also enjoyed a little photo with Jessica Alba! (I couldn't resist). She was wearing the Fantastic 4 outfit and I felt a little embarrassed when I touched her bum! We then entered the Marvel 4-D cinema experience which was excellent. I was told it was quite like the rides in Universal Studios although having never been, I really enjoyed this!



Followed by a mad dash to the cinema, missed the first 5 minutes of Tron: Legacy. A great film, not as good as I wanted but still very good and very true to the original. I really enjoyed it! My one complaint was that out of the 3 trailers released for the film... 2 contained scenes that actually weren't in the movie so I felt a little cheated by that and it seems to be happening a lot these days. However, this helped me forget about it...



The highlight of the trip was without a doubt a trip to the Theatre to see the jaw dropping Phantom of the Opera. By miles the best musical I have ever seen. Theatre beats anything, the noise of the actors singing is so clear and it is truly amazing what they can pull off with a few props, 20 odd actors/actresses and good lighting. I loved it and can't stress strongly enough how much everyone needs to see this show once in their life. This is the 2009 cast but you get the drift...




Lastly, as always I was keeping an eye out for any cool graffiti while I was wandering. We stayed mostly in the city centre so I wasn't surprised to see that there wasn't much around. I managed to get 1 rubbish photo of a piece from Jim2 while walking across the Golden Jubilee Bridge but I found a better one of it on google!



I will add more photos and such as I find them on my camera and get my Lomography 35mm films developed so until then, enjoy the videos.

David

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hottie of the Week - Michelle Keegan

Hottie of the Week - Yvonne Strahovski